Friday, June 11, 2010

Chez Panisse: A Culinary Mecca

Ever heard of Alice Waters?
Ever heard of the “slow food movement?”
Ever heard the phrase “eat local?”


The GRAND Entrance


All this and more was born from the Berkeley restaurant Chez Panisse, a revolutionary organic restaurant founded by Alice Water. Today I added myself to list of the privileged few who have dined at this Mecca of food. It only took one reservation and a large sum of savings but it was worth it. Upon arriving at the restaurant I knew that it was the most beautiful restaurant I’ve ever seen. The dining areas pass through the exposed rustic kitchens among stained glass and architecture wonders. The shine of copper pots and ripe veggies are enough to make anyone excited for a meal.


From Google Images


I ordered duck confit with stone ground polenta and roasted red bell peppers and a glass of red wine. It was marvelous, I believe the photo speaks for itself. The duck leg had crispy skin and was so rich and flavorful with the polenta. The duck sauce was delightful with the bell peppers. It was heaven. After the meal the server brought a piece of pistachio dark chocolate. It was rich and crunchy, the perfect way to end a meal. I left feeling elated that I could say that I’ve eaten at one of the finest dining establishments in the county.


My wonderful duck leg!





0 comments: