Friday, November 13, 2009

BLACK FRIDAY 2009

Black Friday '09 so far is looking pretty weak. I've seen the ads for my 2 most prospective stores, Target and Best Buy, and nothing has really put me into black Friday super gear. Keep in mind these ads might change!

I think my plan will be to go more around 7am and hunt mainly for DVDs. I'm excited to get "Forgetting Sarah Marshal" and "Zach and Miri" for $3.99 a piece.

Target is offering one sweet deal between 5am-Noon if you spend $100 you will get a $10 target gift card. That's pretty cool! %10 back for just shopping at target is nice, but if you spend $200 you need to break it up into 2 transactions to get 2 gift cards and so on.

TJ and I love games and Target does have some great games that will be on sale black friday that you can get $5 off coupons for which would make certain games pretty cheap.

Go here to get the games coupons:

http://print.coupons.com/couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=15014&zid=ru81&nid=20

Connect 4 x 4 Regular Priced: $17.99
Black Friday Sale $12
Coupon: - $5.00
= $7.00

Things Regularly Priced: $28.00
Black Friday Sale: $17.00
Coupon: -$5.00
=12.00

Here is a VERY IMPORTANT piece of information:


TARGET NOW PRICE MATCHES! They are very particular with their rules but if there is the item and a price like $3.99 they will match it. But they won't match items in ads that are 2 for $5, 1/2 off, %50 off and so on. Last year Walmart advertised this same gig. Last year Target also offered rain checks for certain items which was really awesome because they were out of hella stuff.

My FAVORITE place to look up early for adscans of Black Friday ads is:

http://bfads.net/Adscans

I highly recommenced you go there long before Thursday morning and make a plan. When I was in Muncie two years ago the Target PARKING LOT was full 1 1/2 hours before the store even opened. Plans are good people!

My final tip: BRING MACE. Oh and have fun!

4 comments:

Tom said...

So how does Target handle this scenario?...
1. Go to Target, buy an item for $100, and get $10 gift card.
2. Later spend the gift card.
3. Next day return the purchase in #1 for a full refund.

Not sure who would go through the trouble of doing so, but it seems like you can get a free gift card.

Kristin said...

You're item has a "return value" of so much. It works the same way with coupons.

Andy said...

Kristin is no doubt the master of the Black Friday bargains.

Watch out this year! Since she missed last year (due to moving), she will be twice the shopper this year.

Kristin said...

Well I didn't miss last year, I was just fashionably late.