I have been CRAVING delicious fish tacos so I thought I'd try and re-create one of my favorite California dishes. They turned out pretty well considering I didn't have a deep fryer! Here's the simple recipe below:
1 lb ~ white fish (I used cod but tilapia also works well)
1 ~ cup flour
1 ~ egg
1 ~ head of cabbage (red or green)
1 ~ cup pico de gallo (store bought works fine!)
12 ~ small flour or corn tortillas
1 tb ~ granulated garlic
1/2 tb ~ salt
1/4 tb ~ pepper
1/4tb ~ paprika
1 can ~ chipotle salsa (found in a can in the Hispanic food aisle)
1/2 cup ~ light mayonnaise
1/2 cup ~ olive oil
First mix the flour, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and paprika together and set aside in a bowl. Next crack and beat your egg in a shallow bowl and add a touch of water. Put your oil in your frying pan and heat to medium high. Cut your fish into small strips about an inch thick. Next dip the sections of fish in the flour then into the egg mixture and back into the flour. Always shake off excess flour and egg! Place the fish into the hot oil and let fry until golden brown. Once the fish is golden brown and feels crunchy place on paper towels to drain off the excess oil. Next shred you cabbage and set aside. Finally mix together your mayonnaise and about a 1/3 of a cup of chipotle salsa and whisk together. Try your chipotle salsa before adding it to the mayonnaise, each varies in heat and your don't want your sauce too spicy. Finally assemble your tacos! Tortilla - fish - chipotle sauce - cabbage - pico de gallo...EAT!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Fish Tacos - Another Recipe Libby Can Make!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Double Ha.
Ha Ha.
Kristin, You've got to be kidding me!
Post a Comment