2008 was a great year for TJ and me; we graduated from college, got married, and bought a house (plus Obama Won!). But the end of 2008 was filled with more grim details than I ever could have imagined. Not only did I lose my first real job, I still have yet to find a new job that pays anywhere close to what the prior one did, or carries the same advances. Even with this termination of work I learned many valuable lessons, don’t trust your co-workers, don’t believe your managers, and an interview can be very misleading. Next time I hold a career position I will no longer be a naive recent graduate; I’ll instead be a scarred member of the workforce.
It seemed inevitable to me that something had to go wrong within 2008 because everything was going so well for so long! It was smooth sailing from January to September! October is when the shit hit the fan. Perhaps early 2009 will end my string of bad luck and bring me a decent job and hopes for a better future. I know that life is a roller coaster, with an infinite amount of ups and downs, but come on; I think it’s time for a nice high.
The only hopes I have for 2009 are:
1: Get a good job
2: Save money for a trip to Europe (I’m shooting for the spring of 2010)
3: Stay baby free (perhaps this should be #1)
4: Meet new interesting people and make new friends
That’s it, nothing flashy!
But regardless of what happens in 2009 I will try to uphold my preaching’s and do good onto others as Karma teaches. I hope you enjoy your 2009 and may your hopes and dreams turn to reality as well!

0 comments:
Post a Comment