Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Blog Addition

I have changed some of my blog rolls to keep myself more organized...but that doesn't mean you can't take advantage of my organizational OCD! Now there are 3 categories of blogs and websites on the right side of my blog which are friends and family, food, and coupons. The first two categories seem pretty self explanatory but the latter maybe not so much.

Recently I have heard all these stories of moms getting through the grocery store line with over a hundred dollars in groceries and paying less than %10 for it all! How do they do it? Well with so much free time it's easy to surf the web and find printable coupons here and there but there's so much more to it. It's like a majorly complicated puzzle and when put together in the best way can save you so much money! For instance if you clip the coupons from the Sunday paper, and apply it to a sale at say Walgreens, Walgreens might also offer a rebate or a register reward for money towards your next purchase which can either make the purchase cost little to nothing or MAKE YOU MONEY! I had never heard of Walgreens register rewards and we have a Walgreens right down the street! I'm definitely going to look through the Walgreens ads from now on!

Some of these sites also offer insights to sales, free days, and free items. Like did you know Monday, Labor Day, at Chick-Fil-A if you come in after 10:30am in a sports team logo shirt you get a free chicken sandwich? Or, at Saks Fifth Avenue on September 17th if you bring in any regular size bottle of shampoo you can trade it in for a free regular size bottle of Frederic Fekkai shampoo (I'm so there! Fekkai shampoo goes for $24 an 8oz bottle!). Momsneedtoknow.com seems to be like one of the best sites I've seen so far. It's updates frequently so I know I can be one of the first to jump on free items, coupons, and stuff. Retailmenot.com can find a valid coupon code for almost all online purchases. For instance I was making a purchase on gap.com and didn't have a coupon code, but with a quick search, I was able to get %15 off my whole purchase! FAB BABY!

1 comments:

Kimber said...

I am not too into online coupons but it is a MUST to do a quick search for something before you buy it online. Most often you can at least get free shipping, or a random free gift with your purchase.

Just today at work, when I was doing something twitter related (yes ISI tweets, specifically, I tweet for ISI) I found a decent article on the best coupon/bargain accounts to follow. I'm sure you already know about most of them, but if I come across the article again I will send it your way.