Today TJ and I had one BIG DAY! We started out with a trip to a popular apple orchard, Anderson's Apple Orchard in Mooresville. There we picked raspberries and apples! We picked a TON of apples! The man who set us up with a bag and bucket gave us strict instructions "pick any apples you want, and eat as many as you can! We encourage tasting!" So we went through the many rows of apples and picked away. We also pick a bunch of raspberries! When we went to pay the guy insisted we didn't have a proper full bag (1/2 a bushel) of apples, so he sold all of our apples and berries to us for $10. A full bag of apples sells for $13 so he gave us a great deal! After we paid for our pickings we went to their apple store and browsed through the goodies. We decided to have a brunch that consisted of an apple turnover, and elephant ear, and an apple cider icee. It was all wonderful and very reasonably priced.
After the apple picking we figured we'd make the trip to Indy to make sugar skulls. On the way up I saw a SONIC!!! I told TJ to turn around that we were so getting lunch at Sonic, TJ did not argue and turned around. It was so good. We indulged in slushies, shakes, and damn good fast food.
After lunch we continued to Indy. We got to the Indianapolis Art Center and searched out the sugar skull classroom. Once found the organizers roped us into volunteering. I didn't know that this was a volunteer then play kind of thing but it worked out...it was a free event. TJ and I packed up little bags of frosting for about an hour and then we decorated our sugar skulls!!! It was kind of hard to get the royal icing to stick but with a little practice we prevailed! I liked TJ's the best and he liked mine better. We had a lot of fun!
Below is a slide show of today's events, I thought posting pictures might be to much to look at so here you go! ENJOY!
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Apple Picking, Sonic, Sugar Skull, WOW
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You won a $25 gift card to Threadless.com on my blog! Email me and I'll send you the code!
Denise
Post a Comment