TJ has said many times that he hates lamb. Well today I tested him to see how much he really hates it! Meijer now sells Australian free range lamb. It is vacuumed sealed, which I'm sure isn't as good as fresh lamb, but it still makes a tasty meal. Anyway, they had a few packs of lamb shanks on sale today and I bought 2. I popped out the Tom Colicchio book and the rest was magic. I seared then braised those suckers for 3 hours. After they were falling off the bone I reduced the sauce and wa-la DINNER! When TJ got home he said "It smells so good", looked over the pot and squealed "what's that?!" in a good way of course. I told him it was elk shanks just in case he thought they were too gamy. He didn't even want to wait to eat, he sat down and thoroughly enjoyed. Half way through his shank I asked how he liked it, "it's so good!" he quickly replied, that's when I told him it was really LAMB! His face turned sour but he was so satisfied with the meal he didn't care! He ate part of mine as well, but found mine was more gamy than his. Along with the lamb was roasted tomato and garlic couscous.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Braised Lamb Shanks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Did they serve this deep-fried at the State Fair?
I had a lamb burger in England once - I would kill a lamb myself if it meant I would be able to have one again - sooo good!
Yours looks super moist!
also, maybe I wouldn't have passed out today if I had that for breakfast
:)
Post a Comment