Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feeling a little lost....

Spending MONTHS searching for a new job and finding nothing is more than discouraging, it's embarrassing. I figured I'd look into advanced schooling since my degree seems to be utterly worthless, but there isn't anything I'd like to further my studies IN. I've looked into law school, which I think I would be really good at, but I've read over and over again that there's an abundance of lawyers which pushes the pay of lawyers wayyyyyy down. In fact most rookie lawyers in Indiana, on average, make less than TJ makes a year. That's just not worth the money or the time. I also looked into business school but the one local business school happens to be IU's business school, one of the most prestigious. On top of that I have high ethical standards and business is not always an ethical environment. I've also looked in optometry school, but all the prerequisite classes are classes that I purposefully avoided (I.E. Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics).

I think I'd do pretty well with admissions since my last year in college I got around a 3.8 GPA...however that's not the case for all my college years preceding my senior year (big negative). But I could spend a ton of time studying for whatever entrance exam I would need...that might get me a high score. Still I don't even know which test to take!

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do for a living???????? I'm kind of out of ideas.

1 comments:

Kimber said...

check this out:

http://www.usnews.com/sections/business/best-careers/

Interested in any of those?