Monday, January 26, 2009

Can you name.....???

....this woman???

This is none other than KATE GOSSELIN, the mom of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on TLC. I love love love this show....and I'm not really sure why. I see a lot of myself in Kate but at the same time I currently despise the thought of becoming a mother. I guess she gives me hope that one day I'll be down to have kids (I'm sure I'll be 30+ by then) and not kill them or ship them off to relatives. Yeah I'm really not a kid person..........I don't know why. Anyways Kate is coming to INDY in February and I'm totally going! I'm going to buy her Jesus book too in hopes that she'll sign it (no autograph and it's getting returned, Jesus is not my homeboy). I'm hoping that I can outrun all the moms tied down with kids and beat them to the meet and greet line assuming there is one. Wayyyy cool.



Next: CAN YOU NAME THIS FAMILY???

This is the infamous, super conservative, uber religious, hilarious DUGGAR family. This family has 18 children and also has a show on TLC called "18 Kids and Counting". Now this family is one of the most radical members of the Bible Belt, they LIVE by Jesus, I mean they LOVE Jesus more than Jesus probably loved himself. They are the definition of the brainwashed, these kids are so blatantly jaded that it's almost hilarious. They really believe the rest of us out here in the world are serious sinners. In last night's episode the oldest son Joshua finally got married (at 20 years of age) but what made this engagement so different was his actions. He and his bride decided to get engaged right away rather than date prior to becoming engaged. Granted they knew each other for two years but they lived about 4 states away from each other so their "relationship" within those 2 years is debatable. Anyways they decided that they wouldn't kiss ( no pecks on the cheek nothing!) until they were married. Strange, yet admirable. That's a ton of restraint. It's hard to describe but the family is just so weird it's funny! And the way they edit the episodes it feels like the editors think the whole family is a joke! Watch it and you'll understand!



Notice the matching mom and daughter shirts......also the "come here" and "it's a half a carat". And the flying fish throughout the proposal site. COME ON it's sooo funny!

1 comments:

Kimber said...

"On this episode of Jon and Kate plus 8" - I love that show! I don't know why (it's a bunch of screaming), but I am obsessed. I don't think I would like her book either but I would definitely buy one for a chance to see her in person!

I have never watched the Duggers but sometimes I see the previews for their show when I am not too precise with fastforwarding through my JK+8 episodes. It looks good, but I refuse to let myself get addicted to another TLC program, so I don't tivo it.