This is by far the most depressing month I've ever encountered in my life. I've STILL yet to hear anything POSITIVE from an employer regarding a position. Not only did I lower my expectations from HR to meager clerical work but now I'm not even able to obtain clerical work that I could have obtained out of high school...let alone WITH A COLLEGE DEGREE! I feel like I'll have to resubmit myself to the hell of retail work yet again. Tomorrow I'm stopping by Starbucks in search of a shitty barista job probably making less than I would at Barnes and Noble. I guess that's what a college degree gets you these days...a crappy job in retail. The freakin' economy better pick up because I'm not going to end up in retail for the rest of my freakin' life.
The latest "you didn't get the job"response:
"Dear Applicant:
At an earlier date you responded to our published need for the above position.
The department has concluded its selection process and has recommended an applicant for the position.
Clearly your background and skills are impressive. However, they did not appear to be the best match for the position.
On behalf of the department I would like to thank you for your time and interest and encourage you to apply for future advertised positions. You can find a complete list of current IUPUI job openings on our website at www.hra.iupui.edu"By the way this is a template that all positions at IUPUI send to their rejects, I've gotten this twice already...and anticipate many more to come.

1 comments:
Try not to let the rejections bring you down. In a slow economy it's strictly a numbers game: the more people your name is in front of the greater the likelihood of finding a match. For every "no thanks" you receive try to apply for five more positions. Persistence will pay off!
Here's another perspective for you... you actually do have a job at the moment and that "job" is to secure a full-time job. Have you worked eight hours today at your job? If the answer is no then you can do better.
I'm rootin' for you!
U T
Post a Comment