Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thursday, Friday, Saturday

So I took Uncle Tom’s advice and decided to start working out. I’ve been a lazy ass for too long, and I should seriously think about getting in better shape like all the other health crazed people (If it were up to me I’d be down to move to France…since the average Frenchman lives longer than the average American even though they smoke and eat delicious fat-filled food). So both Thursday and Friday I went to the complex’s gym and to my amazement NOBODY was there!!! Woo-hoo! No need to feel inferior or self-conscious when nobody’s there! I also looked into charities to volunteer for in the area, but most of them dealt with children and I am no friend of any child I’m not related to…except Gabe (Karen’s nephew)…he’s too cute. I’ll keep looking for something local, but I hope Andrew’s prediction that next week will be “my week” full of job notifications and interview appointments will come true. That would be totally rad.

Kimber I think you read my mind. I have been testing out a few new recipes. In fact I made my own caramel sauce and hard candy from a candy making book. I do know that the caramel sauce probably cancels out the working out but hey doesn’t Sanjay Gupta say something like working out is doing more for your body than just burning calories??? Like it cleans your blood and does some other healthy stuff??? Either way the last of the sweets will be eaten up tonight when Andy and Janet Warrner come over for dinner. I’m making Thai food, chicken sa-tay and peanut sauce. It should be a real winner, followed by bananas foster with caramel sauce and sugar do-dads. But the best part of tonight…WE GET TO USE OUR BRAND NEW KITCHEN TABLE AND CHAIRS!!! I’ll have to post some pictures because I’m totally in love with this dining set. I finally have a table to eat on!!! We don’t have to eat on the couch like lazy college kids anymore! We’ve totally upgraded to full blown adults…next a house! Then we’ll be super adults!

Other than that….THANKS UNCLE TOM FOR THE PENS!!!!

2 comments:

Kimber said...

I'm sure just as soon as you get a nice routine down you'll get a job offer and have to start all over again! (Isn't that always how it is?)

Also, if you didn't already know, I have a blog now too. Don't worry, we won't have to compete for my dad's attention as he is 40% retired and has enough time to comment on both of our postings. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what to make of you taking my suggestion to start working out. Because no one under the age of 25 has ever taken my advice before.
Anyway, keep at it. Feel the burn!

U T