Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting On The Ball

I watched Mr. Mom this weekend with TJ and I had an epiphany. I realized that I’m a lot like Michael Keaton, thrown out of the workforce and into the domestic spear. Although, as Uncle Tom mentioned, I’m the envy of the working world I wasn’t really taking full advantage of the opportunities of being unemployed. So today I vowed to be a better temporary homemaker. I not only cleaned house, but I also worked out, and yelled at the bank. Little accomplishments, but I think they’ll have an impact in the long run.

Just in case you’re wondering, I’ve probably applied to more than 50 jobs and have had 0 call backs. Let’s just hope the new fiscal year starting tomorrow will bring more prospects.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you jobs :) I'll be a housewife and you can deal with pissed of customers. :) Deal? xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Here's the job strategy you should take:
1. Get a job, any job. Even if as a clerk at the bookstore. Starts positive cash flow.
2. With #1 under your belt, continue to seek your "real" job.

Having #1 makes you much more attractive to your perspective employer for #2. That is the biggest benefit to #1.
Think about it, you are an employer interviewing applicants for an entry level #2 job. Would you rather hire someone who appears to be content to be home unemployed or would you prefer a go-getter who is working elsewhere in the meanwhile?
It is always easier to get a job if you already have one. No question.

U T

Kimber said...

Sometimes don't you wish older, more knowledgeable people would stop being so right about everything and just let you rant? jeeeeeeeez Dad

Ignoring the fact that he's probably right, I sympathize with you and understand that job hunting sucks. The End.