Saturday, May 31, 2008

Moving In + Tornado = Crazy Kristin

Oh yeah and that’s not an exaggeration! Last night TJ, his family, and I began moving in our stuff into our new apartment to try and get some of the first few boxes out of the way. Well around 10pm or I heard this really obnoxious sound. I couldn’t tell if it was a car horn or someone’s alarm. So I asked Janet Warrner and she said “No that’s the tornado warning system.” Needless to say I nearly crapped my pants. A tornado coming the first night in my new place…OH HELL NO!!!! I called Robert and Amy Warrner to clarify that this was indeed a tornado warning, and IT WAS. Ultimately the warning system ceased and I was able to once again breathe.

Not only did I freak out (the tornado when north by the way, nevertheless it was still scary as hell) but when I told Bob and Janet (Nichols) they could have cared less. Do they not understand that tornado equals death in my mind? I mean really come on!!! Not once did I hear the tornado sirens in Bloomington, but my first night in Beech Grove and they’re all trigger happy!??? WTF?

1 comments:

Jenni Christine said...

I love California, tornado free is the way to be!