Wednesday, March 19, 2008

B-Bath did WHAT?

My battle over a set of plates with my new lover B-Bath (Bed Bath and Beyond) has finally come to an end and has been resolved…because you know in all relationships you gotta have a fight or two!

Long story short, back in January TJ and I went to the Indy B-Bath to browse around and we saw these awesome accent plates for the dishes we had registered for but thought were completely unavailable since they weren’t assessable online. They didn’t have them in our color but the sales woman said that they had plenty in stock in stores and that we could order them. He and I were so excited so as soon as we got home we went to our local B-Bath and asked to order them and pay for them as they came to the store over time…basically so we could use our 20% coupons!!! The lady was very nice and said that they’d place the order the next morning. We were psyched!

The next morning I get a call from a manager at B-Bath saying that these plates were in their warehouse and if I paid for them over the phone they could be shipped to our home for free and they would come much faster. So I told the guy I wanted them to come in over time and pay with coupons and kind of stretch out the burden. He reassured me that his way was the fastest way. I talked it over with TJ and we agreed we would go ahead and pay for them then.

Weeks went by, then a month, and I began to worry. Where were these damn plates???? TJ grew impatient and angry so I did what every good lawyer’s daughter would do…call corporate and complain. I called THREE TIMES before I got a response from a District Manager. She was very polite and apologized on behalf of the store and offered to send me a $20 gift card and a few extra coupons and promised that she would get back to me the following Monday with the status of my dishes. I graciously thanked her and told her that I felt much more comfortable about having my registry at B-Bath.

Monday came without a call or email, then the following Monday came with no sign of contact, not even that gift card! So I called the store manager of the local store and spoke with him, he didn’t really tell me anything except that he would ask her to call me.

The next DAY she calls and apologizes once again. She said that she was so sorry with the degree of service I had received that upon the arrival of my dishes (which was still unknown) that I should go into my local store bring in my receipt and packing slip and the manager would fully refund me for the plates and that I was to keep the plates as a gift. That means I get all $90 bucks back and I get to keep all the stuff I bought! Well I’m always in favor of free stuff!!! So I once again graciously thanked her and told her that she had re-instilled my faith in B-Bath. The next day I got the gift card.

Well we got the plates and last night TJ and I went to take the packing slip and receipt in to the store. The store manager was there and remembered me by name and without question took the slip and gave it to his cashier to process the return. She brought it up on the computer and looked down at the receipt and looked over at the manager and said “hey…wait” without hesitation the manager said it’s fine and she slid TJ’s card putting $114.35 BACK ON THE CARD. We thanked them and left.

Now let’s recap….

We PAID $91.14 for the plates and got:
$114.35 back on his credit card
A $20 gift card
12 dishes
And COUPONS!!!


Moral of the story: REGISTRY’S ROCK!!!!



The plate

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That' awesome!!! I can't believe they gave you back all that money. Go B-Bath!