Today TJ and I went to see Star Trek and it was surprisingly good! Scotty was totally my favorite! I'm still confused with the whole Star Trek time line but TJ is trying to work me through it. I refer to the different Generations as Shatner, Bald Guy and Hot Guy.
But I was angered at the theater by the bad behavoir of the other patrons. Two OLD ladies were sitting 3 rows behind us and throughout the previews and movie they would talk and recite lines. I was so amazed how disrespectful they were! What threw me was when they both clearly recited the last line of the movie to all the moviegoers. This made me wonder, what happened to manners at a movie theater? When did people start treating movie theaters like their personal living room? No one cares what you think or have to say or how your fucking nephew is doing in school! Seriously people want to watch the movie, that's what they paid for! Needless to say I was mad and wanted to tell them how poorly they acted during the movie. TJ asked me not to, and in the end I did nothing but I thought about it. Women of their age wouldn't hesitate to tell a child to be quite durring a movie so why should I hesitate to tell them to shut their traps? I guess old people are the new "kids", which seems appropriate since kids are growing up so fast.
I feel that I hold my movie manners to a higher standard. I always keep my phone on silent, NOT VIBRATE, stop talking as soon as the lights dim (which is normally prior to previews). I never talk, whisper, or even get up during a movie. I think most people adhear to the same set of standards! So we should start kicking those who can't OUT! Can't shutup then LEAVE! Wait for it to come out on DVD!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
What Happened To Movie Theater Manners????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment