Friday, May 15, 2009

TJ IS CANCER FREE!




Today I called Dr. Hall's office extremely frustrated! TJ's pathology results were due back Wednesday and 2 days later I still hadn't heard anything. So I voiced my anger at a secretary who couldn't promise anything. But low and behold, not ten minuets later TJ got a call from Dr. Hall's resident informing TJ of the results. Turns out the tumor itself is benign and they gave him a 90% cancer free report. The only reason why 90% and not 100% is because of the location his tumor was found. The location is so rare for a tumor to develop it is somewhat possible that there could be something there. The resident seemed assured that it really isn't anything (they just need to cover their ass just in case) but did tell TJ that it is possible the tumor might grow back and he would once again need the same surgery.

On a personal note I would not reccommend Dr. Hall's office to others for one reason his staff is nearly incompetent. Starting with the scheduling agent who couldn't spell c-e-r-e-b-e-l-l-u-m, to his secretary who asked me to call her with any questions but was gone all 3 days prior to surgery (really only giving me 1 day to call in with a question) and is once again absent today, and finally the lack of transmitting information from the Dr. to the patient (we were missinformed how long he would be in the hospital (original estimate 3-5 days), how big his scar would be, how much he'd be shaved, etc.). Now I don't doubt that Dr. Hall does incredible work, however the staff is holding him back big time.

0 comments: