Today I was home, all by myself, job searching and I heard this dog whimpering. So I opened the door and I saw someone and this adorable little puppy ran up to me. I smiled at the man and the woman and said their dog was sooooo cute! The woman said "is she yours?!?!?","NO!" I replied. They told me that they had just found her out in the middle of the street and they put her in their car and were taking her building to building looking for her owner. Of course she had no ID tag nor did she have a collar. They thought she had been abandoned since she looked thin and seemed disoriented. I told them that she was too cute to abandon! They said they had to leave but they wanted to try and find an owner if there was one. So I said I'd take her and continue the search for an owner.
I took her in and she continued to whimper. I gave her a warm bath fearing fleas and she enjoyed it very much. I rubbed her down and called the complex office and told them I had come across a lost beagle and that if an owner came looking for her to please give me a call. I kept looking outside for an owner but nobody looked like they were searching for her.
After her bath I thought it best to have a vet look her over to make sure she wasn't dangerous to humans. I called a vet and asked how much it would be to have her looked at. They quoted me a fair price so I took her in. The vet was so friendly and kind, they said she was soooooooo cute and if we decided to give her up that they would be able to find her a home no problem! They said that she was a tad bit underweight but other than that she was very healthy and she was probably only 9-10 weeks old. I had them put a flea treatment on her (good thing too, we found tons of fleas on her).
NEXT came the hard part, convincing TJ that we should keep her! She fell asleep on the passenger seat in the car on the way to TJ's job. When TJ saw her he melted. He said "We're keeping her! I don't care if someone lost her or not!!!" We then went to the pet shop and picked up a few essentials, food, treats, toys, ID tag, collar, and leash! We decided to call her RORY and she is so amazingly awesome! She has so much energy and love to give. You can really tell that she's happy here. TJ's also slightly jealous that she loves me more than him! Check out the videos and photos and stop by for a visit whenever you'd like! Of course if someone puts up a sign or contacts we'll have to give her up, but let’s cross our fingers nobody does!



0 comments:
Post a Comment