I’m sorry faithful readers (AKA Uncle Tom) for my lack of postings. I have been bombarded with so many various post-wedding tasks it amazes me!
THE WEDDING: The wedding went as well as any other Warrner event. For the most part the wedding was beautiful. My dress looked amazing, TJ looked as handsome as Prince Charming, the food was superb, and the cake was top notch. The highlight of the reception was went we had our “families” (it was really just my mom and my little brother…the Warrner parents were playing with the twins) come out on the dance floor for a family song. The song was SUPPOSED to be “what a wonderful world” but what played was the Jonas Brother’s “Burnin’ Up”. My mom started dancing like mad and my little brother just covered his face in embarrassment. IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! And my brother to this day still hasn’t forgiven me, he still ( and probably will forever) believe that I purposely had that song played at that very moment. Hopefully I’ll get the video and post it on youtube.
But in any wedding there were some….how should I put it…disappointments. I found out days after the wedding that my mother’s Uncle Jim is a HUGE racist and dislikes anyone who identifies themselves as anything other than “Caucasian”. Because of his believes I have a bad feeling some people may have been offended, and rightfully so. It’s just too bad he had to be a loud mouth bigot during my special weekend. Other than that, some people left really early. So early we really didn’t get a chance to say much to them! It was sad that we didn’t get to spend more time with them.
Professional photos will be coming but until then, here are some of my favorites:
HOUSES:
TJ and I received so many generous cash gifts for our wedding that we now have enough for a down payment on a house (THANKS MOM AND DAD, GRANDMA, GRANDPA, UNCLE TOM!). We’ve already been to one open house and plan on going to more this weekend. We are targeting three areas that all have the top public school in the metro area: Greenwood, Zionsville, and Carmel (even though I truly despise children who are NOT related to me). We’re beginning to favor Greenwood because there’s more of a selection in our price range. More info to come!

2 comments:
I've also been checking your blog constantly! But you have a good excuse for not posting. I'm glad you are back.
Did you ever decide about what you're doing with your last name?
yeah I'm going to stay a Nichols for now!
Post a Comment