I was given one of the most physically daunting tasks at work today that I have my doubts TJ could even accomplish. I was deemed the un-lady-like task of rearranging a whole 6 bays (5’ tall bookshelves) as well as measuring and re-setting the individual shelves. This might not sound like a hard task but believe you me, it is the MOST challenging work there is. Each shelf is of commercial strength (meaning that it won’t budge because if the books fall off of it and hit someone there WILL be a big lawsuit) so it takes MAJOR strength to just un-hook these freakin’ things. After you un-hook them you also have to measure, align, and re-hook the damn things into place….according to the standards of New York. Not only did I smash two of my fingers on my right hand (the good hand!) but I also began losing strength in my left hand and forearms because I was trying to get these damn things up and out! All of this, of course, happened within the children’s department “city of the damned” limits. So while preschool was going on I was sweating like an old man and working like an Amish farmer at the crack of dawn.
THEN…a manager who just clocked in had the nerve to come over and tell me that he thought I had done something wrong. Turns out HE was wrong…NOT ME!
It was just a terrible day. Nearly 6 years of my life I’ve been working for B&N, since I was 16, and now it’s seriously time to walk away….FOREVER. I keep telling myself that I only have 4 more weeks left…meaning 4 more days of work left!!! But what if TJ doesn’t get a job??? I can’t work there past my 4 weeks I just can’t! The money, although much more than anyone else at my meager bookseller level, isn’t that good. I’ll go cry now.
YES

2 comments:
that's hillarious!!
Way to go for getting it done and doing it right! Even if your stupid manager said it was wrong. Any word back yet on a job?
Post a Comment